6/17/11

30 days and subtracting. This is day 21

One pic or series of one thing, for 30 days. This is day 21.



Today, while walking through the Jervis Shopping Centre I stopped by The Cake Boutique. My eyes smiled at the site: creamy, chocolaty, rich and fluffy cakes were staring back at me, hypnotically whispering: ‘’buy me, buy me’’. I looked closer and I read ‘’Savarin’’, ‘’Diplomat’’....and some other cake names that sounded very familiar to me.



I turned my eyes onto the girl behind the counter ‘’Are these Romanian cakes’’ I posed my question as her eyes turned all curiously on me. ‘’Yes’’ she muttered, somewhat apprehensively. ‘’Are you Romanian?’’ I continued, getting another confused ‘’Yes’’.

I smiled, uncovering my braces and addressed her in her native language. I am always happy to find successful Romanians doing their thing... and doing it well too.

I left with two tiramisu cakes and two éclairs filled with vanilla crème, adding ‘’Best of luck with all this. I will come back to... support the cause’’. She smiled with all her face. I did too.


http://www.thecakeboutiqueshop.com/





Cake shops are pretty popular in Romania. They are called cofetarii (cofetarie – sg.).







2 comments:

stha ngwenya said...

very nice!Indeed you love cake & D! :)

Brandalism said...

haha, yus, cake is yummeh and D isnt too bad either :))

Post a Comment