6/2/11

30 days and subtracting. Day 6.


One picture or series of one thing, for 30 days. This is day 6. 


9 am found me at the Guinness Enterprise Centre: they had an open day (day of discussions, presentations and workshops aimed at entrepreneurs and high growth start-ups). The event was hosted by Dublin Business Innovation Centre and it gathered some interesting enough speakers (or so I thought): Ciaran Crean – CEO Mick's Garage and Bobby Kerr - Chairman of Insomnia Coffee Company, also a dragon on the Irish version of Dragons' Den. I was actually interested in hearing Anthony Quigley, founder and CEO, Digital Marketing Institute (there were a few more people speaking, the full list is here).





There is a lot to be said and maybe I will revisit this topic but the day ended and I left the Guinness Enterprise Centre with a great vibe. Why? Because I realised I am on top of all that it encompasses digital marketing. And then some.



Quigley disappointed to be honest. His knowledge was lacking and he said a couple of things that surprised me. Not positively.


So yes. A couple of months and I will be putting together some seminars. I definitely got inspired to do so today.


My favourite speaker was Bobby Kerr - a genuine, fun guy with great insight not only into business, but also ... life. ‘’ I don’t see myself as an entrepreneur. I am just a guy who did stuff’.
An interesting and motivating day.


No, I did not take this picture. Bobby was not feeding me. I mean Kerr. Mr. Kerr. *coughs*


0 comments:

Post a Comment